Robertson Family 2022
2022 has proven to be the epitome of a Christmas card year. A new baby, a graduation, the start of a new job—so much to report and be grateful for. But more than just bullet points in summary of how we spent the last twelve months, this year has also turned out to be that elusive someday we’ve been working towards from the beginning. After years of schooling and training, studying and tests, somehow we made it, and Matt is now an employed board certified general surgeon.
It wasn’t that we thought this day would never come; it’s just that the end always felt so far down the road. I’ll never say that the time went by fast, but I wouldn’t trade the four years of medical school and seven years of residency because of where they’ve brought us today.
We’ve been becoming acquainted with this sense of arrival for several months now, and I can’t help but reflect on how much we were both sustained through all of those years leading up to now. There was clearly some strength, patience, and help beyond what we had to give. I’m filled with immense gratitude for the people we met on this journey, friends and family who have been through it all with us. And so it was fortuitous that 2022 also ended up being a year of gatherings that allowed us to be with the people we’ve collected along the way and the people who’ve been with us since the beginning.
Who knows what will be on the Christmas card next year. But I’m particularly grateful for all the cards we’ve sent before, as well as the years they represented and the people we’ve kept on our list. So Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from the Robertsons to our people
Matt, Casey, Annie (5), Emma (3), and Benjamin (8 months)
2022 Robertson Family Top 10
1. Great Wolf Lodge, Sky Zone Trampoline Park, and Edinborough Park for Spring Break
2. Benjamin’s birth and baby blessing
3. Matt’s Graduation from General Surgical Residency at the University of Minnesota
4. Visiting the family Ranch in Arizona
5. DisneyLand and California Adventure
6. Visiting family and friends in Nebraska, New Mexico, California, and Utah
7. Visiting the Minnesota State Fair and entering rolls, banana bread, and sugars cookies into the fair baked goods competition
8. Dad starting a new job as a General Surgeon at Saint John’s Hospital
9. Annie starts PreK
10. A White Christmas at home as a family of five